Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
The coating manager should have experience managing a small team of technicians on multiple shifts. The manager must be able to direct activities, schedule jobs, and organize work flow in a lean, flexible manner inside and outside of SAP. The manager will conduct annual reviews for all coating department employees, set goals and expectations and communicate clear and consistent feedback to the department.
The coating manager will participate in weekly production meetings and provide accurate and timely information to the production planning team and the GM on all coating status. The manager will develop and report key performance metrics for the coating department.
New Coating Design and Development
The coating manager must have strong background in thin film design. Candidates must be experienced in designing high performance, reliable, robust coatings that meet new requirements in the UV, visible and near-infrared. MWIR and LWIR coating design experience is also valued.
Coating Process Improvement
Current coating prescriptions & processes must be continuously improved to produce higher yields and better coatings. Work instructions must be reviewed and checked to reduce uncertainty and process creep. Manager will work with the quality engineer to perform root cause analysis of coating failures and prepare corrective actions. All production areas must reduce waste, reduce lead time and continuously improve all production work centers as the company strives to reduce lead times and improve margins.
The coating manager should design all coating tooling and will ensure that the correct tools are available in a timely manner for all work orders.
The coating manager will participate in annual budget meetings, lean and ISO training functions. The manager's input is sought for all capital equipment plans, growth plans and strategic initiatives.
REQUIREMENTS – ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
· At least five years hands-on coating experience in an optical component manufacturing company
· Leadership skills – the ability to direct a group to engage together in the process of developing, sharing and moving towards the company's strategic vision.
· Team player
· Must be hardworking and self-motivated.
· Strong personal character and integrity
· 4-year degree such as Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Engineering
· U.S. Citizenship
CANDIDATES MAY HAVE THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL SKILLS
· Experience in SAP, Oracle or similar ERP software
· Lean manufacturing training
· Experience working in an ISO:9001 Quality Management System
· Experience designing and depositing thin films for MIL-SPEC requirements
· Experience designing and depositing thin films for high fluence, high laser damage applications.
· Hand-on experience in specifying, building and repairing vapor deposition coating equipment.