Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition ID 24194BR
Position Title Escrow Officer
Job Family Escrow
Job Location FL-Vero Beach
Employment Category fulltime-regular
Job Description First American Title Insurance Company's Vero Beach, FL location currently has an opening for an Escrow Officer with excellent problem solving skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to handle stressful situations. Must be able to work flexible hours.
Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
• Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
• Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
• Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
• Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
• Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
• Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
• Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title. • Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions.
• Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
• Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Job Qualifications -Must have high school diploma or equivalent, college degree, combination of education and experience preferred
-3+ years escrow/title closing experience including: HUD prep and balance, document prep, file disbursement, post closing, commitment and policy preparation
-FL Notary required
-Customer service training preferred
-CLC certification preferred
-Strong organizational skills
-Ability to prioritize in a high volume/fast paced environment
-Excellent verbal/written communication skills
-Intermediate MS Office Skills
-Knowledge of FAST, a plus
-Must be able to type minimum of 45 wpm
-Ability to identify and effectively present closing documents to customers (I.e HUD-1, Deed, Mortgage, Note, TIL, affidavits, ect.)
% of Travel Required 10%-25%