Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Sterling Payment Technologies provides point of sales payment technology and electronic transaction processing services to merchants nationwide. Sales are made through our network of ISOs, community banks or associations. The Technical Support Representative’s role is to provide telephone service and support to Sterling’s merchant customer base.
1. Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with individuals or groups
2. Ability to handle multiple projects, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
3. Ability to utilize personal computer, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator and other general office equipment
4. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
5. Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners and vendors
6. Ability to handle confidential material appropriately
7. Representatives will take ownership of every call and see that each merchant is satisfied with the result of the call.
8. Representatives will continue to expand their knowledge of the processing industry in regards to card industry regulations, all internal applications, and third party applications.
1. Function as advocate and interface for national sales partners with all internal and external Sterling operation departments and vendors.
2. Representatives will promptly answer telephone calls and e-mail inquiries as an agent in an ACD call center.
3. Representatives will assist merchants with reconciling their processed transactions.
4. Representatives will adhere to the Call Center Operating Guidelines and maintain the Call Center Culture set forth by management.
5. Provide ongoing support to our merchant base concerning the setup, billing, settlement, and processing history of the account.
6. Representatives are responsible for the customer’s overall satisfaction by providing quality POS account management.
7. Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Credit card experience in the acquiring or issuing industries preferred.
2. Sales support experience in the card acquiring industry preferred.
3. Effective knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. High School diploma required.
5. BS or BA preferred.
6. 1 year experience in call center customer service.