Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: RN, Medical/Surgical, Per Diem/PRN
Location: United States-Florida-St Petersburg-St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg
Other Locations: null
Founded in 1969, St. Petersburg General Hospital is a 219-bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. St. Pete General is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
Our patient profile ranges from a diabetic care patient to one who's just undergone an elective surgery. Our Medical Nursing Department, "1 East", is a 35-bed unit, offering exceptional care for the patients we serve. Our Surgical Nursing Department, "6 West", is a 22-bed unit, opened in January 2007 and dedicated to the care of post-op surgical patients, including bariatric lap band procedures and a new oncology service line.
At SPGH, we utilize complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications.
* Number of Staff: 1East…31; 6-West…16.
* Skill Mix: RN, LPN, Unit Secretary, CNA, Student Nurse
* Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, IVAC, Dinamaps, Dopplers, Lifting Equipment, Accu-Check, Accu-Dose, Crash Cart
* Special Certifications Needed: BLS through the American Heart Association
* Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0645-1915, 1845-0715); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend; overtime available, but not mandatory; Self-scheduling is available
* Dress code: Professional scrubs, RNs wear Royal Blue (individual provides their own)
* Designated Charge Nurse who DOES NOT take an assignment on the day shift
* Lifting equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides, Z-slides
* Teaching hospital with a full complement of interns and family practice residents who are able and willing to assist with ensuring patients get what they need.
At HCA West and Central Florida's 15 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota and the greater Orlando area, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go towww.MoreCareerChoices.com.
* Current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida.
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association.
* Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience desired.
* Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.