Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Patient Care Tech II / Monitor Tech - Chest Pain Observation - Orlando days
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS, PARTNERS, AND TEAM:
At Florida Hospital our primary customers are patients and families. Our partners are physicians and our team members are all employees of Florida Hospital.
The Patient Care Tech works under supervision of the professional nurse, assisting in performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for age specific groups identified in the position responsibilities. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Experience working with patients in an acute care setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
PCT I and II
· Nursing Assistant training is required or successful completion of either practical nurse fundamentals or comparable experience upon review
· BCLS certification
· Must be cross trained in one of the following areas: Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), Monitor Tech or Phlebotomy. Training may be from a Florida Hospital training program or candidate may have certificate of training from outside organization.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school graduate or GED
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, OR Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
· Participates in obtaining data for the personal health history. Reports abnormalities to RN.
· Assists in identifying needs of the patient and communicating information to the RN.
· Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.