Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Field Human Resources Manager
Location: 252 - ORLANDO
Field Human Resources Manager
United Stationers Inc. is a leading North American wholesale distributor of business products, with 2011 net sales of $5.0 billion. We provide technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, and janitorial/break room supplies. The Company was incorporated in 1922 and published its first business product catalog in the 1930’s. United Stationers is currently seeking Human Resources Managers for our Orlando, FL location.
* Manage Human Resources functions for assigned location(s), ensuring the efficient delivery of HR support to include new hire orientation, selection/de-selection, performance management, associate relations, communication planning, talent assessment (external and internal), and coaching/facilitation.
* Maintains business partnerships to support location leadership teams and overall goals.
* Ensures the effective delivery of HR transactions through the HR Shared Services Center.
* Responsible for the delivery of Field HR services to assigned leadership teams.
* Partners with GOMs/DSMs to drive effective workforce planning including planning and forecasting talent needs. Supports the HR Recruiting function to ensure effective interviewing and selection of candidates.
* Develops effective relationships with business partners and supports their needs in a manner consistent with overall Company and functional objectives. Coaches and counsels GOMs/DSMs on tactical issues and sensitive associate relations issues. Assists in the coaching and development of local leadership.
* Promotes solid associate relations in a union-free work environment using Associate Relations Plans coupled with effective Total Communication Plans.
* Proactively identifies issues and concerns and creates/supports/implements corrective plans of action.
* Understands employee population and how HR can provide value added services. Ensures the effective implementation of HR plans, projects and programs to positively impact the results of their assigned locations.
* Supports HR functional excellence, both locally and across organizational boundaries. Supports the performance of the facility via training, coaching, and development.
* Knowledge of labor, wage and hour laws, including EEOC, AA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
* Knowledge of FMLA, ADA regulations
* Excellent organizational skills required; ability to multi-task and prioritize is critical for success.
* Ability to establish trust and credibility with associates at all levels in the organization.
* Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS.
* Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
* Minimum of five years of experience in a fast-paced, plant-location human resources environment
* Certification in the Human Resources field is beneficial, i.e., PHR.