Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
***** CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD *****
Position: Training Manager for Screening Partnership Program
Location: Sanford Orlando International Airport
The Homeland Security Business Area within Raytheon Technical Services Company is seeking to hire an outstanding candidate for the position of Training Manager at Sanford Orlando International Airport (SFB) to manage training operations under the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) Screening Partnership Program (SPP). Under the SPP, Raytheon would provide passenger and baggage screening services, while being strictly supervised by the TSA. For more information on SPP, see "What We Do" web page atwww.tsa.gov.
Sanford Orlando International Airport is a Category II airport that plans to join the Screening Parntership Program in 2013.
The Training Manager is responsible for overseeing compliance with the TSA's training requirements for all Transportation Security Officers (TSO) and Behavior Detection Officers (BDO). In addition, the Training Manager will be responsible for implementing quality assurance and environmental, health, and safety programs relevant to screening operations.
* Ensure that all TSOs and BDOs are certified to perform the jobs they have been hired to do.
* Ensure that all TSOs and BDOs remain in compliance with TSA mandated training requirements.
* Supervise a small staff of certified instructors.
* Implement programs to achieve a first time pass rate on annual re-certification tests.
* Implement programs to improve performance on TSA defined screening metrics.
* Implement a quality assurance program to help ensure compliance with TSA standard operating procedures.
* Implement an environmental, health, and safety awareness program to minimize the risk of injuries during screening operations to staff and the traveling public.
* At least 6 years of related experience
* Must be a US citizen.
* Must have demonstrated track record of success in managing training operations for a large (>50) work force.
* Ability to use the TSA's OLC system.
* Must be available to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays.
* Strong oral and written interpersonal communications skills.
* Experience in law enforcement or security.
* Moderate exertion, such as walking over uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, stretching, and added hours resolving issues involving security screening operations.
* Some work using a computer.
* The work environment can be fast paced, and highly stressful.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
Keywords: rtscspp, TSA, screening equipment, airport screeners
Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC (RTSC) headquartered in Dulles, VA has nearly 10,000 employees and 2010 sales of $3.4 billion. RTSC provides a full spectrum of technical, scientific and professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counterproliferation and counterterrorism markets. RTSC operates on all seven continents. RTSC customers include all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, as well as international governments.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
To Apply for this position, pleaseCLICK HERE