Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Medical Technologist - Full Time (3p - 11p)
Location: United States-Florida-Orange Park-Orange Park Medical Center
Other Locations: null
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
* Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
* Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
* Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist or equivalent.
* State licensure if required.
* Associate's degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training or qualification under CLIA '88 Regulations. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
* Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting. .