Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Pharmarcy Technician - Northwest Medical Center PRN
Location: United States-Florida-Margate-Northwest Medical Center - North Broward County
Other Locations: null
Parallon’s Supply Chain Solutions offers a shared services approach, perfected by one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services. We provide consulting and outsourced services designed to optimize supply chain operations in the areas of Clinical Resource Management (CRM), value analysis, inventory utilization and product standardization, pharmacy order entry, operating room optimization, purchasing, accounts payable and distribution. The strength of Parallon’s Supply Chain Solutions is our people, operating experience, accountability and a commitment to excellence. We strive for continuous improvement and innovation for the facilities we support. Join our organization and our team as we strive to provide our customers with a top quality operation.
Make a difference in someone's life by joining us in the key role of: Pharmacy Technician for our East Florida Supply Chain Division.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES- Works under the direct supervision of a pharmacist to fill prescriptions, deliver orders and perform other pharmacy service duties as required.
SUPERVISOR- Pharmacy Supervisor, Assistant Director or Pharmacy, Director as applicable
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
* Enters patient information accurately into Pharmacy Computer System Order Entry.
* Accurately prepares pharmaceutical orders in a timely manner.
* Efficiently delivers medications to appropriate areas.
* Can calculate appropriate medication doses based on patient's age: adult, pediatric, neonate, geriatric, and adolescent.
* Prioritizes work to prepare stat, now and waiting, in order of importance.
* Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately.
* Notifies pharmacist of workload status.
* Performs floor stock inspections accurately.
* Returns medications to stock and rotates stock.
* Orders medications when stock is low
* Performs IV preparation per established protocol.
* Performs chemotherapy preparation per established protocol.
* Maintains required documentation/logs.
* Generates required reports.
* Performs backup procedure correctly.
* Sends charges as per hospital protocol.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
* Organization - Able to assess work activities and allocate resources appropriately. Proactively prioritizes needs and efficiently manages resources.
* Attitude/Teamwork. Works effectively and positively with superiors, co-workers and customers. Is a team player. Treats co-workers and customers with respect. Has a strong orientation toward service.
* Policies and Procedures - Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
* Communication -Exhibits effective communication skills. Listens well and responds appropriately expresses oneself effectively. Conveys messages thoroughly and accurately
* Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations. Able to work with diverse work force
* Adaptability - Adapts to change in a constructive manner and demonstrates flexibility for extra activities and unexpected duties.
* PC Skills - experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems required.
* Basic Skills - Able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
* Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Certification program or at least one year of training as a Pharmacy Technician or a Foreign Pharmacy candidate.
* Experience in I.V. admixtures, unit does drug distribution and computer entry.
* Typing skills of 30 WPM; good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Appropriate state certifications or registration as required by law, National Certification (CPhT) preferred.
AGE-SPECIFIC PATIENT POPULATIONS:
* Infant (0-12 months)
* Pediatric (1-12 years)
* Adolescent (13-18 years
* Adult (19-64 years)
* Geriatric (65 years)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS- Repetitive use of hands and fingers (i.e., use of computer keyboard) and labeling containers. Normal range of hearing and vision to perform work and communicate. Verbal and written communication. Extended periods of standing and walking. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasionally is subject to irregular hours and occasional work pressure due to multiple calls, tasks and inquiries.
CRITICAL DEMANDS -Ability to work independently and handle stress appropriately. Ability to work cooperatively with other members of Pharmacy Services and hospital and pharmacy staff. Ability to handle multiple tasks, and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule. Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond to client concerns. Fosters a team environment. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).