Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
STGi iscurrently accepting resumes for a Phlebotomist to support Jacksonville Naval Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida.
This posting is for future openings, no positions available currently.
* Perform a full range of phlebotomist duties to include proper venipuncture and finger-stick and heel-stick procedures using appropriate techniques, and perform set-up and completion of special test-related phlebotomy procedures utilizing appropriate techniques. Ensure that all aspects of patient accessioning, specimen collection, processing, and distribution are performed properly.
* Conduct patient in-processing prior to specimen collection, including review of paperwork accompanying patients and cordial guidance and assistance.
* Assemble equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
* Verify or record identity of patient or donor and converses with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure and conduct interviews, take vital signs, and draw and test blood samples to screen donors at blood bank.
* Provide technical oversight and training to ensure that all invasive procedures (venipuncture, capillary puncture, clotting time, etc. ) performed in the laboratory are done in the safest, most sanitary, and expeditious manner, with minimal discomfort for the patient. Training may include newly arrived corpsman, nurses, reservists, and American Red Cross volunteers.
* Perform phlebotomy-related administrative and clerical procedures of the Front Desk Section of the lab and fully document all samples obtained per the laboratory s standard operating procedures; maintain the supply inventory and cleanliness of the front desk and phlebotomy area.
* Provide instruction on patient centered specimen collection (24-hour urine, occult blood testing, semen analysis, etc. ) and special requirements necessary for laboratory-collected specimens (fasting requirements, special diets, etc.). Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of phlebotomy and collection of adequate clinical specimens and utilize “age-specific techniques to obtain specimens from infants and the elderly.
* Possess knowledge of medical terminology, allowing test requests and results to be understood and communicated.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the type and severity of patient reactions, including, but not limited to, syncope, vomiting, and unconsciousness and the procedures for such instances. Counsel patients on care of post-phlebotomy complications (i.e., hematomas). Demonstrate an understanding of Naval Occupational and Safety and Health Office (NAVOSH) guidelines for the use of aseptic and sterile technique, the use of personal protective equipment, the handling of infectious and bio-hazardous materials, and the reporting of any hazards and/or accidents.
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic professional services company dedicated to providing the following leading-edge services to our government and military clientele:
Medical Staffing Service - Human Resource Services and System Solution - Management and Data Resources Consulting Services - Professional and Administrative Services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. STGi is a woman- owned, minority business, and is a financially sound organization poised for continued success, as is evidence by the company s exponential growth in recent years.
* STG International offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States