Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Dependency Case Manager - Req. # : DCM.180A
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting.
Dependency Case Manager
12 - South Hub Miami, FL, US 33189
Date Needed By
PROGRAM NAME:Adoptions, Protective Services and Full Service Case Management
GRADE: C 20
OBJECTIVE:To identify and assess client and family needs of minors placed in care by DCF due to abuse or neglect by caretakers, with the ultimate goal of permanency. To evaluate, coordinate and ensure necessary services and/or treatment are provided; complete required assessments; assist individuals and families by using such activities as delineating alternatives, helping to articulate goals and providing needed information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
-Conduct child safety assessments.
-Assess client needs and develop service plans.
-Coordinate the delivery of services, plan referrals and linkages to clients and families.
-Monitor service plan progress and evaluates reports from multiple service providers.
-Develop and maintain case and program documentation according to contract and CHS standards (assessments, treatment/service plans, progress notes, termination summaries, etc.)
-Prepare case/status reports and make recommendations/ testify at courts or other prescribed body regarding reunification, termination of parental rights or other permanency plans.
-Conduct diligent searches as required by dependency laws.
-Coordinate services with other professionals and para-professionals.
-Conduct community outreach as needed.
-Provide specialized services that may include detainment, interstate compact, post placement supervision, relative/non-relative caregiver home studies, court testimony, termination of parental rights and judicial review staffing.
-Provide support to children, caregivers and family members to assure stable placement and timely achievement of permanency. Assist family/caregivers in accessing subsidy, medical coverage and other needed services for children.
-Coordinate cases with supervisor, team members, providers, DCF and attorneys as needed.
-Facilitate placement and independent living.
-May remove and place children.
-May facilitate mediation staffing for reunification, TPR and detainment.
-Arrange or provide transportation of clients when needed.
-Arrange for drug/alcohol screens as necessary.
-Provide on call support as required or scheduled.
-Participate in the Quality Improvement process
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children''s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
# of Hires Needed
QUALIFICATIONS:All degrees must be from an accredited university.
- Bachelor''s Degree in a Human Services related field
- Possess State of Florida Child Protection Certification
- Completion of the CHS Dependency Experience Waiver learning path unless the employee possesses one of the preferred qualifications
- Florida Driver''s License within 30 days from hire
- Master''s degree in Social Work
- Two years experience working with at risk children and families
- Excellent assessment skills and intervention strategies
- Ability to perform at a high level of autonomy or with minimal supervision
- Ability to observe and report accurately on the functioning of individuals & families
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness of social, economic, cultural and environmental factors in the resolution of family and personal problems
- Ability to travel and make home visits
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect client
- Ability to identify and understand environmental stressors
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
NEEDED: sitting, reaching, driving
PREFERRED: standing, walking, lifting, carrying, kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending/stooping
Supervised by: Dependency Case Management Supervisor
Top of Page