Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Early Childhood Lead Educator - Req. # : ECEDUC2.1
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting.
Early Childhood Lead Educator
99 - LLC Tallahassee, FL, US 32308
Date Needed By
PROGRAM NAME:Early Education
GRADE: A/B 18
OBJECTIVE: Supervise assigned group of children and direct learning experiences/activities in accordance with Florida Administrative Code Child Care Standards. Models, monitors and maintains a positive atmosphere. Develops consistent, stable and supportive relationships with children and their families of any ethnic background, national origin, religion, ability and gender. Demonstrates ethical and professional standards that are essential for maintaining confidentiality; maintains confidentiality. Meets requirements to work as a lead teacher in the VPK summer program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Develop and maintain age-appropriate lesson plans and program materials, ensuring that State mandated and/or program-specific requirements are met.
- Plan individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills, such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others and using play equipment, good health habits and other self-help activities.
- Determines supplies and equipment required for the program and communicates needs to Director. Report maintenance / equipment repair needs.
- Model appropriate behavior and instruct children in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth.
- Ensure that all children have been signed in and maintain proper supervising ratio throughout operating hours.
- Directly supervise children in classroom, playground and lunch/snack activities.
- Document each child''s development through observation and assessment tools; note and report to Director, any development areas that may need attention.
- Participate in supportive relationships with each child''s family, including parent-teacher conferences, as needed.
- Maintain a clean, safe, healthy, enjoyable and respectful environment; clean classroom and sanitize toys and equipment daily.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with administrators, supervisors and other staff.
- Attend program, administrative and staff meetings as designated.
- Know State of Florida and program-required training and stay up-to-date to meet requirements; maintain record of certifications / training completed.
- May prepare reports and maintain files and records.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children''s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
# of Hires Needed
• Bachelor''s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Social Work or other major that complies with Florida Statutes
• Active Child Care Professional credential in accordance with Florida Statutes or Florida Child Care Professional Credential -(FCCPC)Two years direct experience or training in the care of infants or very young children and their needs for consistency, kindness and appropriate stimulation, in a group setting.
• Must have completed or begin DCF’s Introduction to Child Care Training within 90 days of employment and complete the training within 12 months of employment
• Must have completed or complete DCF’s Early Literacy and Language Development training within 12 months of date of employment
• Valid First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days of employment
•Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with children, parents and co-workers of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of ethnic background, national origin, race, religion, age, gender, or ability
• Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
• Ability to operate standard office equipment used in performing job duties
• Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
• Knowledge of the methods and practices of curriculum development and instruction
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of early childhood development
• Knowledge of the principles and practices applicable to the program(s) of children assigned (i.e. Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten, Head Start, and 4Cs, High Reach)
• Knowledge of standard health and safety policies and practices in childcare
• Experience in early childhood or elementary education
NEEDED: bending/stooping, carrying, crawling/crouching, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds), pushing/pulling, reaching, repetitive motions, sitting, standing, walking
Supervised by: Early Education Program Manager
Top of Page