Title: RN Director of Risk Management
Location: United States-Florida-Brandon-Brandon Regional Hospital - Brandon
Other Locations: null Brandon Regional Hospitalhas more than a 30-year tradition of expanding medical programs and services to meet the needs of the community.
Today, the hospital is a 407-bed acute care facility offering a number of specialty services including the Heart & Vascular Center, where the latest in cardiovascular surgery and minimally invasive techniques are performed. The hospital was recently named a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Cardiology Center for cardiac care.
In early January of 2009, we opened the Neuroscience Center, as part of our growing Spine Care Center program providing a new level of care for the community featuring treatments for brain and spinal tumors, epilepsy, spinal disorders and more.
TheDirector of Risk Management is responsible for the following:
- Demonstrates twenty four hour accountability for department services, and ensuring risk management programs are initiated effectively and meet the needs of the organization.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for the occurrence reporting system; analyzes and reports trends and identifies appropriate interventions to reduce risk and liability to the organization.
- Develops and implements educational programs for employees, medical staff and board members or analysis of risk assessment, historical and concurrent occurrence and claims data and national trends.
- Facilitates and directs organizational wide risk management program to ensure compliance with statutory mandates, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards of professional organization, i.e., OSHA, JCAHO, etc.
- Applies the principles of continuous quality improvement in delivery of services, through measuring, monitoring and assessing risk management processes and systems.
- Participates in and provides leadership for organizational disaster preparedness and patient safety initiatives.
- Ensures and contributes to continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates, shares pertinent information with members of the healthcare team regarding the risk management program.
- Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
- Bachelors Degree in a health related field
- Three to five years clinical experience in a healthcare setting required. Previous experience in a supervisory and/or management role required.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
- Minimum of two years experience with healthcare risk management preferred.
- Previous experience with hospital management and risk management also preferred.
- Current FL RN License and FL (LHRM) Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager